Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solutions for: L?C???S?
- (n.) A vigorous, brief manner of expression; laconic style.
- (n.) An instance of laconic style or expression.
- (n.) A game of ball, originating among the North American Indians, now the popular field sport of Canada, and played also in England and the United States. Each player carries a long-handled racket, called a "crosse". The ball is not handled but caught with the crosse and carried on it, or tossed from it, the object being to carry it or throw it through one of the goals placed at opposite ends of the field.
- (a.) Alt. of Lacunous
- Locate; "The film is set in Africa"
- Restrict something to a particular area
- Concentrate on a particular place or spot; "The infection has localized in the left eye"
- Identify the location or place of; "We localized the source of the infection"
- (n.) The state or quality of being local; affection for a particular place.
- (n.) A method of speaking or acting peculiar to a certain district; a local idiom or phrase.
- (a.) Destitute of a lock.
- (a.) Alt. of Loculous
- (n. sing. & pl.) A native or inhabitant of Lucca, in Tuscany; in the plural, the people of Lucca.
- Presaging or likely to bring good luck; "a favorable time to ask for a raise"; "lucky stars"; "a prosperous moment to make a decision"
- Occurring by chance; "a lucky escape"; "a lucky guess"
- Having or bringing good fortune; "my lucky day"; "a lucky man"
- (a.) Being without luck; unpropitious; unfortunate; unlucky; meeting with ill success or bad fortune; as, a luckless gamester; a luckless maid.