Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: M??TA?
- (n.) The pharynx of a rotifer. It usually contains four horny pieces. The two central ones form the incus, against which the mallei, or lateral ones, work so as to crush the food.
- (n.) The lore of a bird.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a meatus; resembling a meatus.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the chin; genian; as, the mental nerve; the mental region.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the mind; intellectual; as, mental faculties; mental operations, conditions, or exercise.
- (n.) A plate or scale covering the mentum or chin of a fish or reptile.
- (a.) Subject to death; destined to die; as, man is mortal.
- (a.) Destructive to life; causing or occasioning death; terminating life; exposing to or deserving death; deadly; as, a mortal wound; a mortal sin.
- (a.) Fatally vulnerable; vital.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the time of death.
- (a.) Affecting as if with power to kill; deathly.
- (a.) Human; belonging to man, who is mortal; as, mortal wit or knowledge; mortal power.
- (a.) Very painful or tedious; wearisome; as, a sermon lasting two mortal hours.
- (n.) A being subject to death; a human being; man.
- (n.) A strong vessel, commonly in form of an inverted bell, in which substances are pounded or rubbed with a pestle.
- (n.) A short piece of ordnance, used for throwing bombs, carcasses, shells, etc., at high angles of elevation, as 45¡, and even higher; -- so named from its resemblance in shape to the utensil above described.
- (n.) A building material made by mixing lime, cement, or plaster of Paris, with sand, water, and sometimes other materials; -- used in masonry for joining stones, bricks, etc., also for plastering, and in other ways.
- (n.) A chamber lamp or light.
- (v. t.) To plaster or make fast with mortar.
- (n.) The Chinese tree peony (Paeonia Mountan), a shrub with large flowers of various colors.
- (n.) A small tufted monkey.