- (n.) In the most general sense, any one of the Quadrumana, including apes, baboons, and lemurs.
- (n.) Any species of Quadrumana, except the lemurs.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of Quadrumana (esp. such as have a long tail and prehensile feet) exclusive of apes and baboons.
- (n.) A term of disapproval, ridicule, or contempt, as for a mischievous child.
- (n.) The weight or hammer of a pile driver, that is, a very heavy mass of iron, which, being raised on high, falls on the head of the pile, and drives it into the earth; the falling weight of a drop hammer used in forging.
- (n.) A small trading vessel of the sixteenth century.
- (v. t. & i.) To act or treat as a monkey does; to ape; to act in a grotesque or meddlesome manner.