Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solutions for: M?R???L
- (v.) Of or pertaining to a husband; as, marital rights, duties, authority.
- (n.) Originally, an officer who had the care of horses; a groom.
- (n.) An officer of high rank, charged with the arrangement of ceremonies, the conduct of operations, or the like
- (n.) One who goes before a prince to declare his coming and provide entertainment; a harbinger; a pursuivant.
- (n.) One who regulates rank and order at a feast or any other assembly, directs the order of procession, and the like.
- (n.) The chief officer of arms, whose duty it was, in ancient times, to regulate combats in the lists.
- (n.) The highest military officer.
- (n.) A ministerial officer, appointed for each judicial district of the United States, to execute the process of the courts of the United States, and perform various duties, similar to those of a sheriff. The name is also sometimes applied to certain police officers of a city.
- (v. t.) To dispose in order; to arrange in a suitable manner; as, to marshal troops or an army.
- (v. t.) To direct, guide, or lead.
- (v. t.) To dispose in due order, as the different quarterings on an escutcheon, or the different crests when several belong to an achievement.
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or suited for, war; military; as, martial music; a martial appearance.
- (a.) Practiced in, or inclined to, war; warlike; brave.
- (a.) Belonging to war, or to an army and navy; -- opposed to civil; as, martial law; a court-martial.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or resembling, the god, or the planet, Mars.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or containing, iron; chalybeate; as, martial preparations.
- English poet (1621-1678)
- (n.) The dotterel.
- (n.) See Mormal.
- (n.) A hypothetical radical regarded as the essential residue of myricin; -- called also melissyl.