- How something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- The most frequent value of a random variable
- Any of various fixed orders of the various diatonic notes within an octave
- Verb inflections that express how the action or state is conceived by the speaker
- A classification of propositions on the basis of whether they claim necessity or possibility or impossibility
- A particular functioning condition or arrangement; "switched from keyboard to voice mode"