- (v. i.) The projecting mouth and nose of a quadruped, as of a horse; a snout.
- (v. i.) The mouth of a thing; the end for entrance or discharge; as, the muzzle of a gun.
- (v. i.) A fastening or covering (as a band or cage) for the mouth of an animal, to prevent eating or vicious biting.
- (v. i.) To bring the mouth or muzzle near.
- (v. t.) To bind the mouth of; to fasten the mouth of, so as to prevent biting or eating; hence, figuratively, to bind; to sheathe; to restrain from speech or action.
- (v. t.) To fondle with the closed mouth.