Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: N??E?
- (a.) Having no clothes on; uncovered; nude; bare; as, a naked body; a naked limb; a naked sword.
- (a.) Having no means of defense or protection; open; unarmed; defenseless.
- (a.) Unprovided with needful or desirable accessories, means of sustenance, etc.; destitute; unaided; bare.
- (a.) Without addition, exaggeration, or excuses; not concealed or disguised; open to view; manifest; plain.
- (a.) Mere; simple; plain.
- (a.) Without pubescence; as, a naked leaf or stem; bare, or not covered by the customary parts, as a flower without a perianth, a stem without leaves, seeds without a pericarp, buds without bud scales.
- (a.) Not having the full complement of tones; -- said of a chord of only two tones, which requires a third tone to be sounded with them to make the combination pleasing to the ear; as, a naked fourth or fifth.
- (n.) Same as Nacre.
- (n.) A kind of kettledrum.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Name
- (n.) One who names, or calls by name.
- Identify as in botany or biology, for example
- Give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of; "List the states west of the Mississippi"
- Mention and identify by name; "name your accomplices!"
- Make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
- Give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property; "Many senators were named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months"
- By the sanction or authority of; "halt in the name of the law"
- Assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to; "They named their son David"; "The new school was named after the famous Civil Rights leader"
- A language unit by which a person or thing is known; "his name really is George Washington"; "those are two names for the same thing"
- Create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
- The back side of the neck
- (n. pl.) The nostrils or nasal openings, -- the anterior nares being the external or proper nostrils, and the posterior nares, the openings of the nasal cavities into the mouth or pharynx.
- (n. pl.) The buttocks.
- (n. pl.) The two anterior of the four lobes on the dorsal side of the midbrain of most mammals; the anterior optic lobes.
- (n. pl.) The umbones of a bivalve shell.
- (n.) A mark or depression in the middle of the abdomen; the umbilicus. See Umbilicus.
- (n.) The central part or point of anything; the middle.
- (n.) An eye on the under side of a carronade for securing it to a carriage.
- The central area of a church
- Hub of a wheel
- (n.) A kind of small turnip, a variety of Brassica campestris. See Brassica.
- A desert in southern Israel
- A valley in southeastern Greece where the Nemean Games were held
- (v. t.) To name; to mention; to utter.
- (adv.) Not ever; not at any time; at no time, whether past, present, or future.
- (adv.) In no degree; not in the least; not.
- (n.) Nephew.
- (n.) A novelty; a new thing.
- (n.) The upright post about which the steps of a circular staircase wind; hence, in stairs having straight flights, the principal post at the foot of a staircase, or the secondary ones at the landings. See Hollow newel, under Hollow.
- 100 ngwee equal 1 kwacha in Zambia
- Comparative form of the adjective 'nice'
- More pleasant
- Man's name
- A landlocked republic in West Africa; gained independence from France in 1960; most of the country is dominated by the Sahara Desert
- An African river; flows into the South Atlantic
LOAD MORE RESULTS