- (a.) Free from that which soils, defiles, or disorders; clean; cleanly; tidy.
- (a.) Free from what is unbecoming, inappropriate, or tawdry; simple and becoming; pleasing with simplicity; tasteful; chaste; as, a neat style; a neat dress.
- (a.) Free from admixture or adulteration; good of its kind; as, neat brandy.
- (a.) Excellent in character, skill, or performance, etc.; nice; finished; adroit; as, a neat design; a neat thief.
- (a.) With all deductions or allowances made; net. [In this sense usually written net. See Net, a., 3.]
- (n.) Of or pertaining to the genus Bos, or to cattle of that genus; as, neat cattle.
- (n. sing. & pl.) Cattle of the genus Bos, as distinguished from horses, sheep, and goats; an animal of the genus Bos; as, a neat's tongue; a neat's foot.