- (computing) a discrete item that provides a description of virtually anything known to a computer; "in object-oriented programming, objects include data and define its status, its methods of operation and how it interacts with other objects"
- (grammar) a constituent that is acted upon; "the object of the verb"
- Express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent; "She never objected to the amount of work her boss charged her with"; "When asked to drive the truck, she objected that she did not have a driver's license"
- Be averse to or express disapproval of; "My wife objects to modern furniture"
- A tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow; "it was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
- The focus of cognitions or feelings; "objects of thought"; "the object of my affection"
- The goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable);