- An annoyance; "those children are a damn plague"
- Any large scale calamity (especially when thought to be sent by God)
- A swarm of insects that attack plants; "a plague of grasshoppers"
- Any epidemic disease with a high death rate
- Annoy continually or chronically;
- A serious (sometimes fatal) infection of rodents caused by Yersinia pestis and accidentally transmitted to humans by the bite of a flea that has bitten an infected animal
- Cause to suffer a blight; "Too much rain may blight the garden with mold"