- (n.) The gratification of the senses or of the mind; agreeable sensations or emotions; the excitement, relish, or happiness produced by the expectation or the enjoyment of something good, delightful, or satisfying; -- opposed to pain, sorrow, etc.
- (n.) Amusement; sport; diversion; self-indulgence; frivolous or dissipating enjoyment; hence, sensual gratification; -- opposed to labor, service, duty, self-denial, etc.
- (n.) What the will dictates or prefers as gratifying or satisfying; hence, will; choice; wish; purpose.
- (n.) That which pleases; a favor; a gratification.
- (v. i.) To take pleasure; to seek pursue pleasure; as, to go pleasuring.
- (v. t.) To give or afford pleasure to; to please; to gratify.