Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Crossword Answers for: P?N??
- (n.) The pansy.
- (n.) See Paunch.
- (n.) See Pansy.
- (n.) A small Asiatic mammal (Ailurus fulgens) having fine soft fur. It is related to the bears, and inhabits the mountains of Northern India.
- (a.) Having panes; provided with panes; also, having openings; as, a paned window; paned window sash.
- (a.) Having flat sides or surfaces; as, a six/paned nut.
- (n.) A sunken compartment with raised margins, molded or otherwise, as in ceilings, wainscotings, etc.
- (n.) A piece of parchment or a schedule, containing the names of persons summoned as jurors by the sheriff; hence, more generally, the whole jury.
- (n.) A prisoner arraigned for trial at the bar of a criminal court.
- (n.) Formerly, a piece of cloth serving as a saddle; hence, a soft pad beneath a saddletree to prevent chafing.
- (n.) A board having its edges inserted in the groove of a surrounding frame; as, the panel of a door.
- (n.) One of the faces of a hewn stone.
- (n.) A slab or plank of wood upon which, instead of canvas, a picture is painted.
- (n.) A heap of dressed ore.
- (n.) One of the districts divided by pillars of extra size, into which a mine is laid off in one system of extracting coal.
- (n.) A plain strip or band, as of velvet or plush, placed at intervals lengthwise on the skirt of a dress, for ornament.
- (n.) A portion of a framed structure between adjacent posts or struts, as in a bridge truss.
- (v. t.) To form in or with panels; as, to panel a wainscot.
- Street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
- Sheet glass cut in shapes for windows or doors
- A panel or section of panels in a wall or door
- A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation
- A sudden sharp feeling; "pangs of regret"; "she felt a stab of excitement"; "twinges of conscience"
- A sharp spasm of pain
- A mental pain or distress; "a pang of conscience"
- (a.) Extreme or sudden and causeless; unreasonable; -- said of fear or fright; as, panic fear, terror, alarm.
- (a.) A sudden, overpowering fright; esp., a sudden and groundless fright; terror inspired by a trifling cause or a misapprehension of danger; as, the troops were seized with a panic; they fled in a panic.
- (a.) By extension: A sudden widespread fright or apprehension concerning financial affairs.
- (n.) A plant of the genus Panicum; panic grass; also, the edible grain of some species of panic grass.
- (n.) See Painim.
- (n.) A plant of the genus Viola (V. tricolor) and its blossom, originally purple and yellow. Cultivated varieties have very large flowers of a great diversity of colors. Called also heart's-ease, love-in-idleness, and many other quaint names.
- An abbreviation of pantomime
- Utter while panting, as if out of breath
- A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open; "she gave a gasp and fainted"
- (usually in the plural) a garment extending from the waist to the knee or ankle, covering each leg separately; "he had a sharp crease in his trousers"
- The noise made by a short puff of steam (as from an engine)
- Underpants worn by women; "she was afraid that her bloomers might have been showing"
- Breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted; "The runners reached the finish line, panting heavily"
- Short underpants for women or children (usually used in the plural)
- (n. & a.) See Panim.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to punishment, to penalties, or to crimes and offenses; pertaining to criminal jurisprudence
- (a.) Enacting or threatening punishment; as, a penal statue; the penal code.
- (a.) Incurring punishment; subject to a penalty; as, a penalact of offense.
- (a.) Inflicted as punishment; used as a means of punishment; as, a penal colony or settlement.
- (n.) pl. of Penny. See Penny.
- (pl.) of Penny
- (n.) The male member, or organ of generation.
- (n.) A perfect, or normal, feather.
- Pasta in short tubes with diagonally cut ends