- (n.) The act of proceeding, moving on, advancing, or issuing; regular, orderly, or ceremonious progress; continuous course.
- (n.) That which is moving onward in an orderly, stately, or solemn manner; a train of persons advancing in order; a ceremonious train; a retinue; as, a procession of mourners; the Lord Mayor's procession.
- (n.) An orderly and ceremonial progress of persons, either from the sacristy to the choir, or from the choir around the church, within or without.
- (n.) An old term for litanies which were said in procession and not kneeling.
- (v. i.) To march in procession.
- (v. i.) To honor with a procession.
- (v. t.) To ascertain, mark, and establish the boundary lines of, as lands.