Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Answers for: P?O??C?
- (n.) See Phonetics.
- (n.) The science of light; -- a general term sometimes employed when optics is restricted to light as a producing vision.
- (n.) Proof; trial.
- (n.) That which is produced, brought forth, or yielded; product; yield; proceeds; result of labor, especially of agricultural labors
- (n.) agricultural products.
- (v. i.) To yield or furnish appropriate offspring, crops, effects, consequences, or results.
- (v. t.) To bring forward; to lead forth; to offer to view or notice; to exhibit; to show; as, to produce a witness or evidence in court.
- (v. t.) To bring forth, as young, or as a natural product or growth; to give birth to; to bear; to generate; to propagate; to yield; to furnish; as, the earth produces grass; trees produce fruit; the clouds produce rain.
- (v. t.) To cause to be or to happen; to originate, as an effect or result; to bring about; as, disease produces pain; vice produces misery.
- (v. t.) To give being or form to; to manufacture; to make; as, a manufacturer produces excellent wares.
- (v. t.) To yield or furnish; to gain; as, money at interest produces an income; capital produces profit.
- (v. t.) To draw out; to extend; to lengthen; to prolong; as, to produce a man's life to threescore.
- (v. t.) To extend; -- applied to a line, surface, or solid; as, to produce a side of a triangle.
- (n.) Anything that is produced, whether as the result of generation, growth, labor, or thought, or by the operation of involuntary causes; as, the products of the season, or of the farm; the products of manufactures; the products of the brain.
- (n.) The number or sum obtained by adding one number or quantity to itself as many times as there are units in another number; the number resulting from the multiplication of two or more numbers; as, the product of the multiplication of 7 by 5 is 35. In general, the result of any kind of multiplication. See the Note under Multiplication.
- (v. t.) To produce; to bring forward.
- (v. t.) To lengthen out; to extend.
- (v. t.) To produce; to make.
- (interj.) Much good may it do you! -- a familiar salutation or welcome.
- (n.) The place from which a thing projects, or starts forth.
- (n.) That which is projected or designed; something intended or devised; a scheme; a design; a plan.
- (n.) An idle scheme; an impracticable design; as, a man given to projects.
- (v. i.) To shoot forward; to extend beyond something else; to be prominent; to jut; as, the cornice projects; branches project from the tree.
- (v. i.) To form a project; to scheme.
- (v. t.) To throw or cast forward; to shoot forth.
- (v. t.) To cast forward or revolve in the mind; to contrive; to devise; to scheme; as, to project a plan.
- (v. t.) To draw or exhibit, as the form of anything; to delineate; as, to project a sphere, a map, an ellipse, and the like; -- sometimes with on, upon, into, etc.; as, to project a line or point upon a plane. See Projection, 4.
- (a.) Fit; propitious.
- (v. t.) To cover or shield from danger or injury; to defend; to guard; to preserve in safety; as, a father protects his children.
- (a.) Carried forward; advanced.