- Subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition; "process cheese"; "process hair"; "treat the water so it can be drunk"; "treat the lawn with chemicals" ; "treat an oil spill"
- Perform mathematical and logical operations on (data) according to programmed instructions in order to obtain the required information; "The results of the elections were still being processed when he gave his acceptance speech"
- Deliver a warrant or summons to someone; "He was processed by the sheriff"
- Shape, form, or improve a material; "work stone into tools"; "process iron"; "work the metal"
- March in a procession; "They processed into the dining room"
- Preparing or putting through a prescribed procedure; "the processing of newly arrived immigrants"; "the processing of ore to obtain minerals"
- Deal with in a routine way; "I'll handle that one"; "process a loan"; "process the applicants" <