Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: PE????N
- (n.) See Pelican.
- (n.) Any large webfooted bird of the genus Pelecanus, of which about a dozen species are known. They have an enormous bill, to the lower edge of which is attached a pouch in which captured fishes are temporarily stored.
- (n.) A retort or still having a curved tube or tubes leading back from the head to the body for continuous condensation and redistillation.
- (n.) Any bird of the order Impennes, or Ptilopteri. They are covered with short, thick feathers, almost scalelike on the wings, which are without true quills. They are unable to fly, but use their wings to aid in diving, in which they are very expert. See King penguin, under Jackass.
- (n.) The egg-shaped fleshy fruit of a West Indian plant (Bromelia Pinguin) of the Pineapple family; also, the plant itself, which has rigid, pointed, and spiny-toothed leaves, and is used for hedges.
- (n.) A payment; a tribute; something paid or given.
- (n.) A stated allowance to a person in consideration of past services; payment made to one retired from service, on account of age, disability, or other cause; especially, a regular stipend paid by a government to retired public officers, disabled soldiers, the families of soldiers killed in service, or to meritorious authors, or the like.
- (n.) A certain sum of money paid to a clergyman in lieu of tithes.
- (n.) A boarding house or boarding school in France, Belgium, Switzerland, etc.
- (v. t.) To grant a pension to; to pay a regular stipend to; in consideration of service already performed; -- sometimes followed by off; as, to pension off a servant.
- An angle of 360 degrees
- (a.) Belonging or relating to the period, and also to the formation, next following the Carboniferous, and regarded as closing the Carboniferous age and Paleozoic era.
- (n.) The Permian period. See Chart of Geology.
- The language of Persia (Iran) in any of its ancient forms
- A native or inhabitant of Iran; "the majority of Irani are Persian Shiite Muslims"
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Persia, to the Persians, or to their language.
- (n.) A native or inhabitant of Persia.
- (n.) The language spoken in Persia.
- (n.) A thin silk fabric, used formerly for linings.
- (n.) See Persian columns, under Persian, a.
- (v. i.) To belong; to have connection with, or dependence on, something, as an appurtenance, attribute, etc.; to appertain; as, saltness pertains to the ocean; flowers pertain to plant life.
- (v. i.) To have relation or reference to something.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to to rock.