- (a.) One's own; belonging solely or especially to an individual; not possessed by others; of private, personal, or characteristic possession and use; not owned in common or in participation.
- (a.) Particular; individual; special; appropriate.
- (a.) Unusual; singular; rare; strange; as, the sky had a peculiarappearance.
- (n.) That which is peculiar; a sole or exclusive property; a prerogative; a characteristic.
- (n.) A particular parish or church which is exempt from the jurisdiction of the ordinary.