- (a.) Predicated.
- (v. i.) To affirm something of another thing; to make an affirmation.
- (v. t.) To assert to belong to something; to affirm (one thing of another); as, to predicate whiteness of snow.
- (v. t.) To found; to base.
- (v. t.) That which is affirmed or denied of the subject. In these propositions, "Paper is white," "Ink is not white," whiteness is the predicate affirmed of paper and denied of ink.
- (v. t.) The word or words in a proposition which express what is affirmed of the subject.