- (a.) Of or pertaining to a republic.
- (a.) Consonant with the principles of a republic; as, republican sentiments or opinions; republican manners.
- (n.) One who favors or prefers a republican form of government.
- (n.) A member of the Republican party.
- (n.) The American cliff swallow. The cliff swallows build their nests side by side, many together.
- (n.) A South African weaver bird (Philetaerus socius). These weaver birds build many nests together, under a large rooflike shelter, which they make of straw.