- To give an account or representation of in words; "Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental"
- A sharp explosive sound (especially the sound of a gun firing); "they heard a violent report followed by silence"
- Make known to the authorities; "One student reported the other to the principal"
- Complain about; make a charge against; "I reported her to the supervisor"
- Announce one's presence; "I report to work every day at 9 o'clock"
- Announce as the result of an investigation or experience or finding; "Dozens of incidents of wife beatings are reported daily in this city"; "The team reported significant advances in their research"
- Be responsible for reporting the details of, as in journalism; "Snow reported on China in the 1950's"; "The cub reporter covered New York City"
- The general estimation that the public has for a person; "he acquired a reputation as an actor before he started writing"; "he