Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: R?T??
- (n.) See Rattan.
- (n.) Same as Rotche.
- (n.) A ratchet wheel, or notched bar, with which a pawl or click works.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rate
- (n.) Any carnivore of the genus Mellivora, allied to the weasels and the skunks; -- called also honey badger.
- (n.) One who rates or estimates.
- (n.) One who rates or scolds.
- Assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- Estimate the value of; "How would you rate his chances to become President?"; "Gold was rated highly among the Romans"
- The relative speed of progress or change; "he lived at a fast pace"; "he works at a great rate"; "the pace of events accelerated"
- Be worthy of or have a certain rating; "This bond rates highly"
- Amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis; "a 10-minute phone call at that rate would cost $5"
- A quantity or amount or measure considered as a proportion of another quantity or amount or measure; "the literacy rate"; "the retention rate"; "the dropout rate"
- A magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit; "they traveled at a rate of 55 miles per hour"; "the rate of change was faster than expected"
- A local tax on property (usually used in the plural)
- (a.) Coming before others, or before the usual time; early.
- (adv.) Early; soon; betimes.
- (n.) The relation which one quantity or magnitude has to another of the same kind. It is expressed by the quotient of the division of the first by the second; thus, the ratio of 3 to 6 is expressed by / or /; of a to b by a/b; or (less commonly) the second term is made the dividend; as, a:b = b/a.
- (n.) Hence, fixed relation of number, quantity, or degree; rate; proportion; as, the ratio of representation in Congress.
- (n.) A small rat.
- Dirty and infested with rats
- Showing signs of wear and tear; "a ratty old overcoat"; "shabby furniture"; "an old house with dirty windows and tatty curtains"
- Of or characteristic of rats
- (v. i.) To make an effort to vomit; to strain, as in vomiting.
- (v. t. & i.) To care for; to heed; to reck.
- (v. t.) To annual, as orders.
- Tie again or anew; "retie the string and make it strong enough now"
- Affecting things past; "retroactive tax increase"; "an ex-post-facto law"; "retro pay"
- A fashion reminiscent of the past
- (v. t.) To try (esp. judicially) a second time; as, to retry a case; to retry an accused person.
- (v. t.) See Aret.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or of the same horizon as, certain Mesozoic strata of the Rhetian Alps. These strata are regarded as closing the Triassic period. See the Chart of Geology.
- Any customary observance or practice
- An established ceremony prescribed by a religion; "the rite of baptism"
- Luxuriously elegant
- (a.) Relating to wheels or to rotary motion; rotary.
- Duty lists
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rote
- Rotating mechanism consisting of an assembly of rotating airfoils; "there are horizontal rotors on a helicopter or compressor rotors in a jet engine"
- The rotating armature of a motor or generator
- The revolving bar of a distributor
- In meteorology, a turbulent eddy formed in the trough of lee waves in mountainous areas, often associated with severe turbulence.
LOAD MORE RESULTS