- (n.) The act of redressing; a making right; reformation; correction; amendment.
- (n.) A setting right, as of wrong, injury, or opression; as, the redress of grievances; hence, relief; remedy; reparation; indemnification.
- (n.) One who, or that which, gives relief; a redresser.
- (v. t.) To dress again.
- (v. t.) To put in order again; to set right; to emend; to revise.
- (v. t.) To set right, as a wrong; to repair, as an injury; to make amends for; to remedy; to relieve from.
- (v. t.) To make amends or compensation to; to relieve of anything unjust or oppressive; to bestow relief upon.