Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Solutions for: S??G?
- (n.) An antelope (Saiga Tartarica) native of the plains of Siberia and Eastern Russia. The male has erect annulated horns, and tufts of long hair beneath the eyes and ears.
- (n.) Alt. of Sangu
- North American woodland herb similar to and used as substitute for the Chinese ginseng
- (n.) The Abyssinian ox (Bos / Bibos, Africanus), noted for the great length of its horns. It has a hump on its back.
- (n.) Any one of several species of sparoid fishes belonging to Sargus, Pomadasys, and related genera; -- called also sar, and saragu.
- Alt. of Sauh
- Street names for heroin
- (n.) Any plant of the genus Carex, perennial, endogenous herbs, often growing in dense tufts in marshy places. They have triangular jointless stems, a spiked inflorescence, and long grasslike leaves which are usually rough on the margins and midrib. There are several hundred species.
- (n.) A flock of herons.
- (a.) Overgrown with sedge.
- (n.) The hedge sparrow.
- Obs. imp. sing. of See. Saw.
- (v. t.) To singe.
- (n.) A woolen twilled stuff, much used as material for clothing for both sexes.
- (n.) A large wax candle used in the ceremonies of various churches.
- Dance the shag
- A lively dance step consisting of hopping on each foot in turn
- Slang for sexual intercourse
- A fabric with long coarse nap; "he bought a shag rug"
- A matted tangle of hair or fiber; "the dog's woolly shag"
- A strong coarse tobacco that has been shredded
- 7. A large, dark water bird
- (n.) The ahu, or jairou.
- (n.) A seat; especially, a royal seat; a throne.
- (n.) Hence, place or situation; seat.
- (n.) Rank; grade; station; estimation.
- (n.) Passage of excrements; stool; fecal matter.
- (n.) The sitting of an army around or before a fortified place for the purpose of compelling the garrison to surrender; the surrounding or investing of a place by an army, and approaching it by passages and advanced works, which cover the besiegers from the enemy's fire. See the Note under Blockade.
- (n.) Hence, a continued attempt to gain possession.
- (n.) The floor of a glass-furnace.
- (n.) A workman's bench.
- (v. t.) To besiege; to beset.
- (n.) A burning of the surface; a slight burn.
- (v. t.) To burn slightly or superficially; to burn the surface of; to burn the ends or outside of; as, to singe the hair or the skin.
- (v. t.) To remove the nap of (cloth), by passing it rapidly over a red-hot bar, or over a flame, preliminary to dyeing it.
- (v. t.) To remove the hair or down from (a plucked chicken or the like) by passing it over a flame.
- Divulge confidential information or secrets; "Be careful--his secretary talks"
- Make a whining, ringing, or whistling sound; "the kettle was singing"; "the bullet sang past his ear"
- To make melodious sounds; "The nightingale was singing"
- Produce tones with the voice; "She was singing while she was cooking"; "My brother sings very well"
- Deliver by singing; "Sing Christmas carols"
- A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost
- The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals
- Waste materials
- Convert into slag
- A county in the north-west Republic of Ireland
- Strike heavily, especially with the fist or a bat; "He slugged me so hard that I passed out"
- Walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud; "Mules plodded in a circle around a grindstone"
- Work doggedly or persistently; "She keeps plugging away at her dissertation"
LOAD MORE RESULTS