Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: S?A?N?
- (n.) The European smooth blenny (Blennius pholis). It is olive-green with irregular black spots, and without appendages on the head.
- Lay spawn; "The salmon swims upstream to spawn"
- Call forth
- The mass of eggs deposited by fish or amphibians or molluscs
- Color for microscopic study; "The laboratory worker dyed the specimen"
- Color with a liquid dye or tint; "Stain this table a beautiful walnut color"; "people knew how to stain glass a beautiful blue in the middle ages"
- Produce or leave stains; "Red wine stains the table cloth"
- Make dirty or spotty, as by exposure to air; also used metaphorically; "The silver was tarnished by the long exposure to the air"; "Her reputation was sullied after the affair with a married man"
- An act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
- A soiled or discolored appearance; "the wine left a dark stain"
- A symbol of disgrace or infamy; "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"--Genesis
- The state of being covered with unclean things
- (microscopy) a dye or other coloring material that is used in microscopy to make structures visible
- A man who is the lover of a girl or young woman; "if I'd known he was her boyfriend I wouldn't have asked"
- (a.) Swanlike; as, a swanny glossiness of the neck.