- (n.) A bed of oysters or mussels.
- (n.) That part of the integument of the head which is usually covered with hair.
- (n.) A part of the skin of the head, with the hair attached, cut or torn off from an enemy by the Indian warriors of North America, as a token of victory.
- (n.) Fig.: The top; the summit.
- (v. i.) To make a small, quick profit by slight fluctuations of the market; -- said of brokers who operate in this way on their own account.
- (v. t.) To deprive of the scalp; to cut or tear the scalp from the head of.
- (v. t.) To remove the skin of.
- (v. t.) To brush the hairs or fuzz from, as wheat grains, in the process of high milling.