- (n.) Offense caused or experienced; reproach or reprobation called forth by what is regarded as wrong, criminal, heinous, or flagrant: opprobrium or disgrace.
- (n.) Reproachful aspersion; opprobrious censure; defamatory talk, uttered heedlessly or maliciously.
- (n.) Anything alleged in pleading which is impertinent, and is reproachful to any person, or which derogates from the dignity of the court, or is contrary to good manners.
- (v. t.) To treat opprobriously; to defame; to asperse; to traduce; to slander.
- (v. t.) To scandalize; to offend.