Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Crossword Puzzle Solutions for: S?AR
- (n.) A mark in the skin or flesh of an animal, made by a wound or ulcer, and remaining after the wound or ulcer is healed; a cicatrix; a mark left by a previous injury; a blemish; a disfigurement.
- (n.) A mark left upon a stem or branch by the fall of a leaf, leaflet, or frond, or upon a seed by the separation of its support. See Illust.. under Axillary.
- (n.) An isolated or protruding rock; a steep, rocky eminence; a bare place on the side of a mountain or steep bank of earth.
- (n.) A marine food fish, the scarus, or parrot fish.
- (v. i.) To form a scar.
- (v. t.) To mark with a scar or scars.
- (a.) Alt. of Sere
- (a.) To wither; to dry up.
- (a.) To burn (the surface of) to dryness and hardness; to cauterize; to expose to a degree of heat such as changes the color or the hardness and texture of the surface; to scorch; to make callous; as, to sear the skin or flesh. Also used figuratively.
- (n.) The catch in a gunlock by which the hammer is held cocked or half cocked.
- (a.) Alt. of Skare
- (v. i.) To snarl.
- (a.) See 3d Sore.
- (a.) See Sore, reddish brown.
- (n.) The act of soaring; upward flight.
- (v. i.) To fly aloft, as a bird; to mount upward on wings, or as on wings.
- (v. i.) Fig.: To rise in thought, spirits, or imagination; to be exalted in mood.
- (n.) An old name for a nonmetallic mineral, usually cleavable and somewhat lustrous; as, calc spar, or calcite, fluor spar, etc. It was especially used in the case of the gangue minerals of a metalliferous vein.
- (n.) A contest at sparring or boxing.
- (n.) A movement of offense or defense in boxing.
- (v. i.) To strike with the feet or spurs, as cocks do.
- (v. i.) To use the fists and arms scientifically in attack or defense; to contend or combat with the fists, as for exercise or amusement; to box.
- (v. i.) To contest in words; to wrangle.
- (v. t.) A general term any round piece of timber used as a mast, yard, boom, or gaff.
- (v. t.) Formerly, a piece of timber, in a general sense; -- still applied locally to rafters.
- (v. t.) The bar of a gate or door.
- (v. t.) To bolt; to bar.
- (v. t.) To To supply or equip with spars, as a vessel.
- (n.) One of the innumerable luminous bodies seen in the heavens; any heavenly body other than the sun, moon, comets, and nebulae.
- (n.) The polestar; the north star.
- (n.) A planet supposed to influence one's destiny; (usually pl.) a configuration of the planets, supposed to influence fortune.
- (n.) That which resembles the figure of a star, as an ornament worn on the breast to indicate rank or honor.
- (n.) Specifically, a radiated mark in writing or printing; an asterisk [thus, *]; -- used as a reference to a note, or to fill a blank where something is omitted, etc.
- (n.) A composition of combustible matter used in the heading of rockets, in mines, etc., which, exploding in the air, presents a starlike appearance.
- (n.) A person of brilliant and attractive qualities, especially on public occasions, as a distinguished orator, a leading theatrical performer, etc.
- (v. i.) To be bright, or attract attention, as a star; to shine like a star; to be brilliant or prominent; to play a part as a theatrical star.
- (v. t.) To set or adorn with stars, or bright, radiating bodies; to bespangle; as, a robe starred with gems.