- Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities
- A magnifier of images of distant objects
- An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control:
- The state of the environment in which a situation exists; "you can't do that in a university setting"
- Tennessee highschool teacher who violated a state law by teaching evolution; in a highly publicized trial in 1925 he was prosecuted by William Jennings Bryan and defended by Clarence Darrow (1900-1970)