- (a.) Of or pertaining to the forest; remote from human abodes and cultivation; in a state of nature; wild; as, a savage wilderness.
- (a.) Wild; untamed; uncultivated; as, savage beasts.
- (a.) Uncivilized; untaught; unpolished; rude; as, savage life; savage manners.
- (a.) Characterized by cruelty; barbarous; fierce; ferocious; inhuman; brutal; as, a savage spirit.
- (n.) A human being in his native state of rudeness; one who is untaught, uncivilized, or without cultivation of mind or manners.
- (n.) A man of extreme, unfeeling, brutal cruelty; a barbarian.
- (v. t.) To make savage.