- (a.) Sloping.
- (adv.) In a sloping manner.
- (v. i.) An oblique direction; a line or direction including from a horizontal line or direction; also, sometimes, an inclination, as of one line or surface to another.
- (v. i.) Any ground whose surface forms an angle with the plane of the horizon.
- (v. i.) To take an oblique direction; to be at an angle with the plane of the horizon; to incline; as, the ground slopes.
- (v. i.) To depart; to disappear suddenly.
- (v. t.) To form with a slope; to give an oblique or slanting direction to; to direct obliquely; to incline; to slant; as, to slope the ground in a garden; to slope a piece of cloth in cutting a garment.