- (n.) The thrust of a pointed weapon.
- (n.) A wound with a sharp-pointed weapon; as, to fall by the stab an assassin.
- (n.) Fig.: An injury inflicted covertly or suddenly; as, a stab given to character.
- (v. i.) To give a wound with a pointed weapon; to pierce; to thrust with a pointed weapon.
- (v. i.) To wound or pain, as if with a pointed weapon.
- (v. t.) To pierce with a pointed weapon; to wound or kill by the thrust of a pointed instrument; as, to stab a man with a dagger; also, to thrust; as, to stab a dagger into a person.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To injure secretly or by malicious falsehood or slander; as, to stab a person's reputation.