- (a.) Accumulated; hoarded.
- (v. t.) That which is accumulated, or massed together; a source from which supplies may be drawn; hence, an abundance; a great quantity, or a great number.
- (v. t.) A place of deposit for goods, esp. for large quantities; a storehouse; a warehouse; a magazine.
- (v. t.) Any place where goods are sold, whether by wholesale or retail; a shop.
- (v. t.) Articles, especially of food, accumulated for some specific object; supplies, as of provisions, arms, ammunition, and the like; as, the stores of an army, of a ship, of a family.
- (v. t.) To collect as a reserved supply; to accumulate; to lay away.
- (v. t.) To furnish; to supply; to replenish; esp., to stock or furnish against a future time.
- (v. t.) To deposit in a store, warehouse, or other building, for preservation; to warehouse; as, to store goods.