Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Answers for: STRA???E
- (n.) The act of standing, sitting, or walking, with the feet far apart.
- (n.) The position, or the distance between the feet, of one who straddles; as, a wide straddle.
- (n.) A stock option giving the holder the double privilege of a "put" and a "call," i. e., securing to the buyer of the option the right either to demand of the seller at a certain price, within a certain time, certain securities, or to require him to take at the same price, and within the same time, the same securities.
- (v. i.) To part the legs wide; to stand or to walk with the legs far apart.
- (v. i.) To stand with the ends staggered; -- said of the spokes of a wagon wheel where they join the hub.
- (v. t.) To place one leg on one side and the other on the other side of; to stand or sit astride of; as, to straddle a fence or a horse.
- (n.) The act of straggling.
- (v. t.) To wander from the direct course or way; to rove; to stray; to wander from the line of march or desert the line of battle; as, when troops are on the march, the men should not straggle.
- (v. t.) To wander at large; to roam idly about; to ramble.
- (v. t.) To escape or stretch beyond proper limits, as the branches of a plant; to spread widely apart; to shoot too far or widely in growth.
- (v. t.) To be dispersed or separated; to occur at intervals.
- (v. i.) To be strangled, or suffocated.
- (v. t.) To compress the windpipe of (a person or animal) until death results from stoppage of respiration; to choke to death by compressing the throat, as with the hand or a rope.
- (v. t.) To stifle, choke, or suffocate in any manner.
- (v. t.) To hinder from appearance; to stifle; to suppress.
- (v. t.) To hold or bind with, or as with, a strap; to entangle.