Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: SU??R???
- (n.) A race or strain differing in certain characters from the parent breed; an incipient breed.
- (n.) A salt of suberic acid.
- (n.) Any sponge of the genus Suberites and allied genera. These sponges have a fine and compact texture, and contain minute siliceous spicules.
- (n.) The hypothetical ketone of suberic acid.
- (n.) A colorless liquid, analogous suberone proper, having a pleasant peppermint odor. It is obtained by the distillation of calcium suberate.
- (a.) Alt. of Suberous
- (a.) Having a corky texture.
- (n.) A subdivision of a group, as of animals.
- (n.) A division of an order; a group of genera of a little lower rank than an order and of greater importance than a tribe or family; as, cichoraceous plants form a suborder of Compositae.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Suborn
- (n.) One who suborns or procures another to take, a false oath; one who procures another to do a bad action.
- (n.) The vicegerent of a prior; a claustral officer who assists the prior.
- (v. t.) To withdraw, or take away, as a part from the whole; to deduct; as, subtract 5 from 9, and the remainder is 4.
- (n.) A division of a tribe; a group of genera of a little lower rank than a tribe.
- (v. t.) To place under; to insert.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to suburbs; inhabiting, or being in, the suburbs of a city.
- (n.) One who dwells in the suburbs.
- (a.) Having a suburb or suburbs on its outer part.
- Suburbanites considered as a cultural class or subculture
- A residential district located on the outskirts of a city
- (n.) The handkerchief upon which the Savior is said to have impressed his own portrait miraculously, when wiping his face with it, as he passed to the crucifixion.
- (a.) Consisting of sweat.
- (n.) A vote given in deciding a controverted question, or in the choice of a man for an office or trust; the formal expression of an opinion; assent; vote.
- (n.) Testimony; attestation; witness; approval.
- (n.) A short petition, as those after the creed in matins and evensong.
- (n.) A prayer in general, as one offered for the faithful departed.
- (n.) Aid; assistance.
- (n.) The right to vote; franchise.
- (v. t.) To vote for; to elect.
- (n.) The heel joint.
- (n.) The act of covering or sweetening with sugar; also, the sugar thus used.
- (n.) The act or process of making sugar.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Sugar
LOAD MORE RESULTS