- (n.) Excess in eating and drinking.
- (n.) Fullness and oppression of the system, occasioned often by excessive eating and drinking.
- (n.) Disgust caused by excess; satiety.
- (v. i.) To load the stomach with food, so that sickness or uneasiness ensues; to eat to excess.
- (v. i.) To indulge to satiety in any gratification.
- (v. t.) To feed so as to oppress the stomach and derange the function of the system; to overfeed, and produce satiety, sickness, or uneasiness; -- often reflexive; as, to surfeit one's self with sweets.
- (v. t.) To fill to satiety and disgust; to cloy; as, he surfeits us with compliments.