- (n.) A small table or flat surface.
- (n.) A flat piece of any material on which to write, paint, draw, or engrave; also, such a piece containing an inscription or a picture.
- (n.) Hence, a small picture; a miniature.
- (n.) A kind of pocket memorandum book.
- (n.) A flattish cake or piece; as, tablets of arsenic were formerly worn as a preservative against the plague.
- (n.) A solid kind of electuary or confection, commonly made of dry ingredients with sugar, and usually formed into little flat squares; -- called also lozenge, and troche, especially when of a round or rounded form.