- (a.) Troubled; dark; gloomy.
- (v. t.) To put into confused motion; to disturb; to agitate.
- (v. t.) To disturb; to perplex; to afflict; to distress; to grieve; to fret; to annoy; to vex.
- (v. t.) To give occasion for labor to; -- used in polite phraseology; as, I will not trouble you to deliver the letter.
- (v. t.) The state of being troubled; disturbance; agitation; uneasiness; vexation; calamity.
- (v. t.) That which gives disturbance, annoyance, or vexation; that which afflicts.
- (v. t.) A fault or interruption in a stratum.