Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Solutions for: TA?N?
- (n.) A thrust with a lance, which fails of its intended effect.
- (n.) An injury done to a lance in an encounter, without its being broken; also, a breaking of a lance in an encounter in a dishonorable or unscientific manner.
- (n.) Tincture; hue; color; tinge.
- (n.) Infection; corruption; deprivation.
- (n.) A blemish on reputation; stain; spot; disgrace.
- (v. i.) To thrust ineffectually with a lance.
- (v. i.) To be infected or corrupted; to be touched with something corrupting.
- (v. i.) To be affected with incipient putrefaction; as, meat soon taints in warm weather.
- (v. t.) To injure, as a lance, without breaking it; also, to break, as a lance, but usually in an unknightly or unscientific manner.
- (v. t.) To hit or touch lightly, in tilting.
- (v. t.) To imbue or impregnate with something extraneous, especially with something odious, noxious, or poisonous; hence, to corrupt; to infect; to poison; as, putrid substance taint the air.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To stain; to sully; to tarnish.
- A mountain lake (especially one formed by glaciers)
- (a.) Very high or tall; as, a ship with taunt masts.
- (n.) Upbraiding language; bitter or sarcastic reproach; insulting invective.
- (v. t.) To reproach with severe or insulting words; to revile; to upbraid; to jeer at; to flout.
- (n.) Of a dull yellowish brown color, like things tanned, or persons who are sunburnt; as, tawny Moor or Spaniard; the tawny lion.