Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Answers for: TAR?A?
- A paving material of tar and broken stone; mixed in a factory and shaped during paving
- Surface with macadam; "macadam the road"
- A paved surface having compressed layers of broken rocks held together with tar
- (n.) A wild horse found in the region of the Caspian Sea.
- (n.) See Trass.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the tarsus (either of the foot or eye).
- (n.) A tarsal bone or cartilage; a tarsale.
- (n.) Same as Tercel.
- (n.) Woolen cloth, checkered or crossbarred with narrow bands of various colors, much worn in the Highlands of Scotland; hence, any pattern of tartan; also, other material of a similar pattern.
- (n.) A small coasting vessel, used in the Mediterranean, having one mast carrying large leteen sail, and a bowsprit with staysail or jib.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Tartary in Asia, or the Tartars.
- (n.) A reddish crust or sediment in wine casks, consisting essentially of crude cream of tartar, and used in marking pure cream of tartar, tartaric acid, potassium carbonate, black flux, etc., and, in dyeing, as a mordant for woolen goods; -- called also argol, wine stone, etc.
- (n.) A correction which often incrusts the teeth, consisting of salivary mucus, animal matter, and phosphate of lime.
- (n.) A native or inhabitant of Tartary in Asia; a member of any one of numerous tribes, chiefly Moslem, of Turkish origin, inhabiting the Russian Europe; -- written also, more correctly but less usually, Tatar.
- (n.) A person of a keen, irritable temper.
- (n.) See Tartarus.
- A man raised by apes who was the hero of a series of novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- (sometimes used ironically) a man of great strength and agility (after the hero of a series of novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs)