- (n.) The act or art of weaving.
- (n.) That which woven; a woven fabric; a web.
- (n.) The disposition or connection of threads, filaments, or other slender bodies, interwoven; as, the texture of cloth or of a spider's web.
- (n.) The disposition of the several parts of any body in connection with each other, or the manner in which the constituent parts are united; structure; as, the texture of earthy substances or minerals; the texture of a plant or a bone; the texture of paper; a loose or compact texture.
- (n.) A tissue. See Tissue.
- (v. t.) To form a texture of or with; to interweave.