- The act of removing something from one location and introducing it in another location; "the transplant did not flower until the second year"; "too frequent transplanting is not good for families"; "she returned to Alabama because she could not bear transplantation"
- An operation moving an organ from one organism (the donor) to another (the recipient); "he had a kidney transplant"; "the long-term results of cardiac transplantation are now excellent"; "a child had a multiple organ transplant two months ago"
- (surgery) tissue or organ transplanted from a donor to a recipient; in some cases the patient can be both donor and recipient
- Transfer from one place or period to another; "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America"
- Place the organ of a donor into the body of a recipient
- Lift and reset in another soil or situation; "Transplant the young rice plants"
- Be transplantable; "These delicate plants do not transplan