- (a.) Not equal; not matched; not of the same size, length, breadth, quantity, strength, talents, acquirements, age, station, or the like; as, the fingers are of unequal length; peers and commoners are unequal in rank.
- (a.) Ill balanced or matched; disproportioned; hence, not equitable; partial; unjust; unfair.
- (a.) Not uniform; not equable; irregular; uneven; as, unequal pulsations; an unequal poem.
- (a.) Not adequate or sufficient; inferior; as, the man was unequal to the emergency; the timber was unequal to the sudden strain.
- (a.) Not having the two sides or the parts symmetrical.