Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Solutions for: U?S??
- (a.) Unsteady; fickle.
- (v. t.) To recant or recall, as what has been said; to refract; to take back again; to make as if not said.
- (a.) Not set; not fixed or appointed.
- (v. t.) To undo, as something sewn, or something inclosed by sewing; to rip apart; to take out the stitches of.
- (v. t.) To deprive of sex, or of qualities becoming to one's sex; esp., to make unfeminine in character, manners, duties, or the like; as, to unsex a woman.
- (v. t.) To deprive of sinfulness, as a sin; to make sinless.
- (a.) Set up; fixed; determined; -- used chiefly or only in the phrase upset price; that is, the price fixed upon as the minimum for property offered in a public sale, or, in an auction, the price at which property is set up or started by the auctioneer, and the lowest price at which it will be sold.
- (n.) The act of upsetting, or the state of being upset; an overturn; as, the wagon had an upset.
- (v. i.) To become upset.
- (v. t.) To set up; to put upright.
- (v. t.) To thicken and shorten, as a heated piece of iron, by hammering on the end.
- (v. t.) To shorten (a tire) in the process of resetting, originally by cutting it and hammering on the ends.
- (v. t.) To overturn, overthrow, or overset; as, to upset a carriage; to upset an argument.
- (v. t.) To disturb the self-possession of; to disorder the nerves of; to make ill; as, the fright upset her.
- (n.) The time during which the sun is up, or above the horizon; the time between sunrise and sunset.
- (n.) The ursine seal. See the Note under 1st Seal.
- (n.) The Canada porcupine. See Porcupine.
- (n.) The bearded seal.
- (n.) A genus of Carnivora including the common bears.