Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Solver Answers for: V?N??
- Any of numerous showy orchids of the genus Vanda having many large flowers in loose racemes
- A fin attached to the tail of an arrow, bomb or missile in order to stabilize or guide it
- Mechanical device attached to an elevated structure; rotates freely to show the direction of the wind
- The flattened weblike part of a feather consisting of a series of barbs on either side of the shaft
- Flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water
- (Norse mythology) race of ancient gods sometimes in conflict with the Aesir
- (pl.) of Vena
- (a.) Of or pertaining to veins; venous; as, venal blood.
- (a.) Capable of being bought or obtained for money or other valuable consideration; made matter of trade or barter; held for sale; salable; mercenary; purchasable; hireling; as, venal services.
- (n. pl.) See Wends.
- (n.) A bout, or turn, as at fencing; a thrust; a hit; a veney.
- (n.) A bout; a thrust; a venew.
- (v. t.) To avenge; to punish; to revenge.
- (n.) Matter fatal or injurious to life; poison; particularly, the poisonous, the poisonous matter which certain animals, such as serpents, scorpions, bees, etc., secrete in a state of health, and communicate by thing or stinging.
- (n.) Spite; malice; malignity; evil quality. Chaucer.
- (n.) To infect with venom; to envenom; to poison.
- Activity that frees or expresses creative energy or emotion; "she had no other outlet for her feelings"; "he gave vent to his anger"
- External opening of urinary or genital system of a lower vertebrate
- A hole for the escape of gas or air
- A slit in a garment (as in the back seam of a jacket)
- A fissure in the earth's crust (or in the surface of some other planet) through which molten lava and gases erupt
- An opening,
- Expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen; "air the old winter clothes"; "air out the smoke-filled rooms"
- Give expression or utterance to; "She vented her anger"; "The graduates gave vent to cheers"
- (n.) A neighborhood or near place; the place or county in which anything is alleged to have happened; also, the place where an action is laid.
- (n.) A bout; a hit; a turn. See Venew.
- (n.) The goddess of beauty and love, that is, beauty or love deified.
- (n.) One of the planets, the second in order from the sun, its orbit lying between that of Mercury and that of the Earth, at a mean distance from the sun of about 67,000,000 miles. Its diameter is 7,700 miles, and its sidereal period 224.7 days. As the morning star, it was called by the ancients Lucifer; as the evening star, Hesperus.
- (n.) The metal copper; -- probably so designated from the ancient use of the metal in making mirrors, a mirror being still the astronomical symbol of the planet Venus.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of marine bivalve shells of the genus Venus or family Veneridae. Many of these shells are large, and ornamented with beautiful frills; others are smooth, glossy, and handsomely colored. Some of the larger species, as the round clam, or quahog, are valued for food.
- (a.) Having leaves like those of the vine; ornamented with vine leaves.
- (n.) A vinedresser.
- A plant with a weak stem that derives support from climbing, twining, or creeping along a surface
- (a.) Of or pertaining to wine; as, vinic alcohol.
- (a.) Vinnewed.
- (n.) The hypothetical radical C2H3, regarded as the characteristic residue of ethylene and that related series of unsaturated hydrocarbons with which the allyl compounds are homologous.
LOAD MORE RESULTS