Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Answers for: VA???
- (pl.) of Vacuum
- The capital and largest city of Liechtenstein
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the vagus, or pneumogastric nerves; pneumogastric.
- (n.) An indefinite expanse.
- (n.) A wandering; a vagary.
- (v. i.) Wandering; vagrant; vagabond.
- (v. i.) Unsettled; unfixed; undetermined; indefinite; ambiguous; as, a vague idea; a vague proposition.
- (v. i.) Proceeding from no known authority; unauthenticated; uncertain; flying; as, a vague report.
- (v. i.) To wander; to roam; to stray.
- (a.) Wandering; -- applied especially to the pneumogastric nerve.
- (n.) The vagus, ore pneumogastric, nerve.
- (n.) Charged with vair; variegated with shield-shaped figures. See Vair.
- A long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river
- (n.) A male waiting servant; a servant who attends on gentleman's person; a body servant.
- (n.) A kind of goad or stick with a point of iron.
- (a.) Strong; powerful; efficient.
- (a.) Having sufficient strength or force; founded in truth; capable of being justified, defended, or supported; not weak or defective; sound; good; efficacious; as, a valid argument; a valid objection.
- (a.) Having legal strength or force; executed with the proper formalities; incapable of being rightfully overthrown or set aside; as, a valid deed; a valid covenant; a valid instrument of any kind; a valid claim or title; a valid marriage.
- (pl.) of Vallum
- (n.) Value; worth.
- (n.) Strength of mind in regard to danger; that quality which enables a man to encounter danger with firmness; personal bravery; courage; prowess; intrepidity.
- (n.) A brave man; a man of valor.
- A ballroom dance in triple time with a strong accent on the first beat
- (n.) The property or aggregate properties of a thing by which it is rendered useful or desirable, or the degree of such property or sum of properties; worth; excellence; utility; importance.
- (n.) Worth estimated by any standard of purchasing power, especially by the market price, or the amount of money agreed upon as an equivalent to the utility and cost of anything.
- (n.) Precise signification; import; as, the value of a word; the value of a legal instrument
- (n.) Esteem; regard.
- (n.) The relative length or duration of a tone or note, answering to quantity in prosody; thus, a quarter note [/] has the value of two eighth notes [/].
- (n.) In an artistical composition, the character of any one part in its relation to other parts and to the whole; -- often used in the plural; as, the values are well given, or well maintained.
- (n.) Valor.
- (v. t.) To estimate the value, or worth, of; to rate at a certain price; to appraise; to reckon with respect to number, power, importance, etc.
- (v. t.) To rate highly; to have in high esteem; to hold in respect and estimation; to appreciate; to prize; as, to value one for his works or his virtues.
- (v. t.) To raise to estimation; to cause to have value, either real or apparent; to enhance in value.
- (v. t.) To be worth; to be equal to in value.
- (n.) A door; especially, one of a pair of folding doors, or one of the leaves of such a door.
- (n.) A lid, plug, or cover, applied to an aperture so that by its movement, as by swinging, lifting and falling, sliding, turning, or the like, it will open or close the aperture to permit or prevent passage, as of a fluid.
- (n.) One or more membranous partitions, flaps, or folds, which permit the passage of the contents of a vessel or cavity in one direction, but stop or retard the flow in the opposite direction; as, the ileocolic, mitral, and semilunar valves.
- (n.) One of the pieces into which a capsule naturally separates when it bursts.
- (n.) One of the two similar portions of the shell of a diatom.
- (n.) A small portion of certain anthers, which opens like a trapdoor to allow the pollen to escape, as in the barberry.
- (n.) One of the pieces or divisions of bivalve or multivalve shells.
- Provide (a shoe) with a new vamp; "revamp my old boots"
- Piece of leather forming the front part of the upper of a shoe
- Act seductively with (someone)
- An improvised musical accompaniment
- Piece (something old) with a new part; "vamp up an old speech"
- A seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
- Make up; "vamp up an excuse for not attending the meeting"
- Any of numerous showy orchids of the genus Vanda having many large flowers in loose racemes
- A fin attached to the tail of an arrow, bomb or missile in order to stabilize or guide it
- Mechanical device attached to an elevated structure; rotates freely to show the direction of the wind
- The flattened weblike part of a feather consisting of a series of barbs on either side of the shaft
- Flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water
- (Norse mythology) race of ancient gods sometimes in conflict with the Aesir
- (a.) Having lost its life and spirit; dead; spiritless; insipid; flat; dull; unanimated; as, vapid beer; a vapid speech; a vapid state of the blood.
LOAD MORE RESULTS