Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on a result to view its definition, and more!
Crossword Puzzle Answers for: W???S
- Walk (through relatively shallow water); "Can we wade across the river to the other side?"; "Wade the pond"
- Gully or streambed in northern Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season
- Be driven or carried along, as by the air; "Sounds wafted into the room"
- Blow gently; "A breeze wafted through the door"
- A long flag; often tapering
- (n.) A compensation given to a hired person for services; price paid for labor; recompense; hire. See Wage, n., 2.
- A homeless child especially one forsaken or orphaned; "street children beg or steal in order to survive"
- Cry weakly or softly; "she wailed with pain"
- Emit long loud cries; "wail in self-pity"; "howl with sorrow"
- A cry of sorrow and grief; "their pitiful laments could be heard throughout the ward"
- A prolonged high-pitched cry of pain, grief, or anger.
- Large open farm wagon
- A group of seven bright stars in the constellation Ursa Major
- English writer (1925-1994)
- The act of waiting (remaining inactive in one place while expecting something); "the wait was an ordeal for him"
- Time during which some action is awaited; "instant replay caused too long a delay"; "he ordered a hold in the action"
- Look forward to the probable occurrence of; "We were expecting a visit from our relatives"; "She is looking to a promotion"; "he is waiting to be drafted"
- Serve as a waiter or waitress in a restaurant; "I'm waiting on tables at Maxim's"
- Stay in one place and anticipate or expect something; "I had to wait on line for an hour to get the tickets"
- Wait before acting; "the scientists held off announcing their results until they repeated the experiment"
- A vigil held over a corpse the night before burial; "there's no weeping at an Irish wake"
- The wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward; "the motorboat's wake capsized the canoe"
- An island in the western Pacific between Guam and Hawaii
- The consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event); "the aftermath of war"; "in the wake of the accident no one knew how many had been injured"
- Stop sleeping; "She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
- Cause to become awake or conscious; "He was roused by the drunken men in the street"; "Please wake me at 6 AM."
- Be awake, be alert, be there
- Make aware of; "His words woke us to terrible facts of the situation"
- Arouse or excite feelings and passions; "The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"; "The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"; "Wake old feelings of hatred"
- One of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; during Roman times the region was known as Cambria
- Thick plank forming a ridge along the side of a wooden ship
- A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip); characteristic of many allergic reactions
- Walk at a pace; "The horses walked across the meadow"
- Be or act in association with; "We must walk with our dispossessed brothers and sisters"; "Walk with God"
- (baseball) an advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls; "he worked the pitcher for a base on balls"
- Live or behave in a specified manner; "walk in sadness"
- The act of traveling by foot; "walking is a healthy form of exercise"
- The act of walking somewhere; "he took a walk after lunch"
- A slow gait of a horse in which two feet are always on the ground
- Careers in general; "it happens in all walks of life"
- A path set aside for walking; "after the blizzard he shoveled the front walk"
- Manner of walking; "he had a funny walk"
- Obtain a base on balls
- Give a base on balls to
- Take a walk; go for a walk; walk for pleasure; "The lovers held hands while walking"; "We like to walk every Sunday"
- Use o
- Anything that suggests a wall in structure or function or effect; "a wall of water"; "a wall of smoke"; "a wall of prejudice"; "negotiations ran into a brick wall"
- A vertical (or almost vertical) smooth rock face (as of a cave or mountain)
- A difficult or awkward situation; "his back was to the wall"; "competition was pushing them to the wall"
- Surround with a wall in order to fortify
- An embankment built around a space for defensive purposes; "they stormed the ramparts of the city"; "they blew the trumpet and the walls came tumbling down"
- An architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
- A masonry fence (as around an estate or garden); "the wall followed the road"; "he ducked behind the garden wall and waited"
- A layer of material that encloses space
- A thin tapered rod used by a conductor to lead an orchestra or choir
- A rod used by a magician or water diviner
- A ceremonial or emblematic staff
- A thin supple twig or rod; "stems bearing slender wands of flowers"
- Grow smaller; "Interest in the project waned"
- A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number)
- Decrease in phase; "the moon is waning"
- Become smaller; "Interest in his novels waned"
- Get sexual gratification through self-stimulation
- Slang for masturbation
- Be without, lack; be deficient in; "want courtesy"; "want the strength to go on living"; "flood victims wanting food and shelter"
- A specific feeling of desire; "he got his wish"; "he was above all wishing and desire"
- Anything that is necessary but lacking; "he had sufficient means to meet his simple needs"; "I tried to supply his wants"
- The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable; "there is a serious lack of insight into the problem"; "water is the critical deficiency in desert regions"; "for want of a nail the shoe was lost"
- Wish or demand the presence of; "I want you here at noon!"
- A state of extreme poverty
- Have need of; "This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner"
- Hunt or look for; want for a particular reason; "Your former neighbor is wanted by the FBI"; "Uncle Sam wants you"
- Feel or have a desire for; want strongly; "I want to go home now"; "I want my own room"
- A division of a prison (usually consisting of several cells)
- Block forming a division of a hospital (or a suite of rooms) shared by patients who need a similar kind of care; "they put her in a 4-bed ward"
- A district into which a city or town is divided for the purpose of administration and elections
- Watch over or shield from danger or harm; protect; "guard my possessions while I'm away"
- A person who is under the protection or in the custody of another
- United States businessman who in 1872 established a successful mail-order business (1843-1913)
- English writer of novels who was an active opponent of the women's suffrage movement (1851-1920)
- English economist and conservationist (1914-1981)
- (n. pl.) See 4th Ware.
- Make warm or warmer; "The blanket will warm you"
- Get warm or warmer; "The soup warmed slowly on the stove"
- Notify, usually in advance; "I warned you that I would ask some difficult questions"
- Ask to go away; "The old man warned the children off his property"
- Notify of danger, potential harm, or risk; "The director warned him that he might be fired"; "The doctor warned me about the dangers of smoking"
- Admonish or counsel in terms of someone's behavior; "I warned him not to go too far"; "I warn you against false assumptions"; "She warned him to be quiet"
- Yarn arranged lengthways on a loom and crossed by the woof
- A moral or mental distortion
- A shape distorted by twisting or folding
- A twist or aberration; especially a perverse or abnormal way of judging or acting
- Bend out of shape, as under pressure or from heat; "The highway buckled during the heat wave"
- Make false by mutilation or addition; as of a message or story
- (pathology) a firm abnormal elevated blemish on the skin; caused by a virus
- Any small rounded protuberance (as on certain plants or animals)
- An imperfection in someone or something that is suggestive of a wart (especially in smallness or unattractiveness)
- Social or solitary hymenopterans typically having a slender body with the abdomen attached by a narrow stalk and having a formidable sting
- A white person of Anglo-Saxon ancestry who belongs to a Protestant denomination
- English poet and theologian (1674-1748)
LOAD MORE RESULTS