- (adv.) At large; widely; broadly; over a wide space; as, a tree spreads its branches abroad.
- (adv.) Without a certain confine; outside the house; away from one's abode; as, to walk abroad.
- (adv.) Beyond the bounds of a country; in foreign countries; as, we have broils at home and enemies abroad.
- (adv.) Before the public at large; throughout society or the world; here and there; widely.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ABOARD
- (adv.) On board; into or within a ship or boat; hence, into or within a railway car.
- (adv.) Alongside; as, close aboard.
- (prep.) On board of; as, to go aboard a ship.
- (prep.) Across; athwart.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!