- (n.) An unburnt brick dried in the sun; also used as an adjective, as, an adobe house, in Texas or New Mexico.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ABODE
- Pret. of Abide.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Abide
- (n.) Act of waiting; delay.
- (n.) Stay or continuance in a place; sojourn.
- (n.) Place of continuance, or where one dwells; abiding place; residence; a dwelling; a habitation.
- (v. i.) To be ominous.
- (v. t.) An omen.
- (v. t.) To bode; to foreshow.