- (n.) The state of being orbate, or deprived of parents or children; privation, in general; bereavement.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ABORTION
- (n.) The act of giving premature birth; particularly, the expulsion of the human fetus prematurely, or before it is capable of sustaining life; miscarriage.
- (n.) The immature product of an untimely birth.
- (n.) Arrest of development of any organ, so that it remains an imperfect formation or is absorbed.
- (n.) Any fruit or produce that does not come to maturity, or anything which in its progress, before it is matured or perfect; a complete failure; as, his attempt proved an abortion.