- (n.) Same as Bascinet.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ABSENT
- (a.) Being away from a place; withdrawn from a place; not present.
- (a.) Not existing; lacking; as, the part was rudimental or absent.
- (a.) Inattentive to what is passing; absent-minded; preoccupied; as, an absent air.
- (v. t.) To take or withdraw (one's self) to such a distance as to prevent intercourse; -- used with the reflexive pronoun.
- (v. t.) To withhold from being present.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See Bezant.